Skip to main content

Craving to belong



Its crazy how life has changed and has become so materialistic. I am sure for some this is the normal way of life due to the exposure they have had to the luxuries of life but for many its a new phase, a new era, a new millenium.

Everyone is craving for that one designer bag, one red sole shoe and one gold watch. Why do they crave? They crave because they need this for their everyday life or they crave because they want to be seen and positioned with the right people.

Seen and position - strange words to describe a person and their character, it sounds more like a display unit in a luxury store than the descrption of a human. How having an expensive bag characterise you..? I am sure you're wondering it does characterise you. Why I need to buy expensive products when I can get the same at a much reasonable price. How everything has become more about price and not about quality?

Suddenly famous names have taken over the good old tradition. The tradional or good old is no longer desirable. At the same time the new is not really that bad. It is expensive, desirable and hmmm not that bad actually.

We have moved on too fast to reach the higher level in society. A society which criticises you more than it appreciates you and yet we are in fear to be outcast. Outcast because we don't fit there anymore. What was our true style for life has now changed to a style that is printed more in the magazines. The cover of a high fashion magazine has taken over the taste of our own character. We no longer wear what is comfortable or what is more our personality. We seek a style more suited to the rich and famous and we look around many shoos to find a cheaper version of that.

Walking in the mall our eyes are looking for appreciation, looking for someone to look at us twice. We work so hard to be seen, to be heard, to be acknowledged.

But is this the audience we need? Are these the right people for us? We don't really care, do we! We just crave to belong here, in this time, in this moment, right here...did someone notice I was here? Did someone call my name? Does anyone know who I am? Does anyone care?

I crave this city, I crave this land, I crave this diamond, I crave this end, I want more, I want something, I know well that I don't belong. I wll reach the heights of fame, I will turn in an evil dame, I will run and I will ruin, I will be honest only for me. I don't crave the fashion no more, I'm my own designer. I will colour myself white and I will shine bright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I Change...

Did I change or I just grew older..? I often ask myself this question. Everytime I meet someone who's known me for long I wonder if they find me to be the same or am I different now..! What has changed..? The city, the country, the job, my life... But what about me!! Have I changed as well..? Am I not the same....! Change is inevitable which I understand and somewhere I do appreciate. Change is required. Required in our daily life, at work, in the gym, on the road, your shopping list, your friends list...it continues to adapt to The New You. Your life is not the same as it was few years ago. May be you have a different job, may be you started a different hobby, may be you got married and have kids now...  We change our surroundings and we change our habbits, we change our jobs and we change our tastes. But do we change ourselves? I would rather say I have grown with time and I'm in a constant process of knowing myself. What I like today may not be something that I liked few yea

It took 4 years & the Holy month of Ramadan

It took me 4 years to come back to a blog that I so wanted to write. Well as they say better late than never. So here I am trying for a comeback like an Actress in Film Industry after her maternity leave. This month is the Holy month of Ramadan and where I currently am, I witness the festivities that goes around this marvelous period of the year. The mall are decorated, the roads are lit up, people are happy and they are enjoying this time with their families and friends.  Roads are Lit up There's almost a pin drop silence in the malls in the morning and you can literally hear the sound of your own breath. The security and the staff in the stores are standing wondering why the malls are open when no one comes to shop at this hour. Let's just close the stores and let me go home and sleep. And amidst this serene, quite and beautiful mall you will have this one child who is going wild as he wants to run around in this open space. You know what parents let him run...th

Sleeping behind the wheels

I start the car with much hesitation...my hands do not have the strength to put the key in and my legs have lost the power to press the break. But my heart is forcing me to drive and reach home. It is time to be home with loved ones. I talk to myself and play the music loud, I cheer myself by singing and I start. My brain is not listening to me or to this loud music. It keeps telling me "close your eyes", take a deep breath, let it go, sink in the deep sleep. It is almost impossible to keep my eyes open. Shaking my head and trying to dance to the music I am trying to keep myself awake. There I go...driving out of parking. The road is straight, the road is endless, the traffic is moving and so are my thoughts. I want to reach home and I want to reach safe. I do not have control on myself any more...my brain is asleep it seems. I drive through the busy road and I have the traffic go past me, I feel I am swirling in my seat and I have taken a nap, I can't see anything a