Skip to main content

The Day I will say "Goodbye"



Just the thought of leaving someone or something that you loved is very stressful but at the same time you know you are ready to embark on a new journey. You want to leave the comfort of life which had been holding you back for the longest time.

Will I ever say "Goodbye" - Yes, I will but not to the people I love. I will say "Goodbye" to the people who make me realise my worth just being around them. We all  somehow tend to go for the easy life where we try to maintain work and personal life balance. We do this with expertise for many years and suddenly one day it hits you. You realise you don't belong here anymore.

The road I stand on right now has two paths. One is green, beautiful with flowers headed to the world which I have been seeing for the longest time and the second path is hazy, there are bumps on the road, I hear a roar as well but at the same time I find it exciting. There is adventure, there is a thrill and I know the excitement will be like that of a child who discovers a new toy. Do I want to be a child again? Do I need to smile? Can I be happy and satisfied? Does a word like job satisfaction exist? I need to discover, I need to let go, I need to be strong...

Wait wait I saw something...the second path is showing some lights, there is laughter coming from there...hmmm I think I just smelled the flowers. Ohhh I am tempted...

Let me try this one last time - I close my eyes and I let the other senses take over. Let the silence around me decide my path. I hear the birds chirping, I hear someone fell down, wait wait it was followed by a giggle...hehe I think I want to laugh along. I know now, I have decided - I will like this path of mystery. I will fall and rise, I will cry and laugh, I will come out stronger. I know I need to do this. I need to get over a decade that I spent where I am. I have no one or nothing with me but my knowledge and my conscious. I know I will survive...

I am ready to embark on a new journey, ready to leave the comfort zone, ready to move on. Move on and reach what belongs to me. Move on and see the beautiful world around. Move on and smile as I am Happy for ME.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I Change...

Did I change or I just grew older..? I often ask myself this question. Everytime I meet someone who's known me for long I wonder if they find me to be the same or am I different now..! What has changed..? The city, the country, the job, my life... But what about me!! Have I changed as well..? Am I not the same....! Change is inevitable which I understand and somewhere I do appreciate. Change is required. Required in our daily life, at work, in the gym, on the road, your shopping list, your friends list...it continues to adapt to The New You. Your life is not the same as it was few years ago. May be you have a different job, may be you started a different hobby, may be you got married and have kids now...  We change our surroundings and we change our habbits, we change our jobs and we change our tastes. But do we change ourselves? I would rather say I have grown with time and I'm in a constant process of knowing myself. What I like today may not be something that I liked few yea

It took 4 years & the Holy month of Ramadan

It took me 4 years to come back to a blog that I so wanted to write. Well as they say better late than never. So here I am trying for a comeback like an Actress in Film Industry after her maternity leave. This month is the Holy month of Ramadan and where I currently am, I witness the festivities that goes around this marvelous period of the year. The mall are decorated, the roads are lit up, people are happy and they are enjoying this time with their families and friends.  Roads are Lit up There's almost a pin drop silence in the malls in the morning and you can literally hear the sound of your own breath. The security and the staff in the stores are standing wondering why the malls are open when no one comes to shop at this hour. Let's just close the stores and let me go home and sleep. And amidst this serene, quite and beautiful mall you will have this one child who is going wild as he wants to run around in this open space. You know what parents let him run...th

Sleeping behind the wheels

I start the car with much hesitation...my hands do not have the strength to put the key in and my legs have lost the power to press the break. But my heart is forcing me to drive and reach home. It is time to be home with loved ones. I talk to myself and play the music loud, I cheer myself by singing and I start. My brain is not listening to me or to this loud music. It keeps telling me "close your eyes", take a deep breath, let it go, sink in the deep sleep. It is almost impossible to keep my eyes open. Shaking my head and trying to dance to the music I am trying to keep myself awake. There I go...driving out of parking. The road is straight, the road is endless, the traffic is moving and so are my thoughts. I want to reach home and I want to reach safe. I do not have control on myself any more...my brain is asleep it seems. I drive through the busy road and I have the traffic go past me, I feel I am swirling in my seat and I have taken a nap, I can't see anything a